Later in the day we met our friends the Schwartz's out at South Park to have a pinic and to shoot off rockets. We had a nice bite to eat and shot off several rockets before a big storm front came through and ran us off. Click on this photo for a larger view...
That evening after the kids were in bed, we had fun watching the patriotic movie, Yankee Doodle Dandy. I've never seen a James Cagney movie, and I hear this is one of the best. I really loved this patriotic quote, which is good for us to remember today:
"It seems it always happens. Whenever we get too high-hat and too sophisticated for flag-waving, some thug nation decides we're a push-over all ready to be blackjacked. And it isn't long before we're looking up, mighty anxiously, to be sure the flag's still waving over us."
Oh-- a couple more pictures. Matthew getting Dad lathered up this morning for shaving...
And reading Matthew a bedtime story, one of Dad's favorite books from his childhood, Tom Swift...
No comments:
Post a Comment