Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Flying High and Dressing Up

Today was a really big day for Jonathan and me. He had his final exam, spending hours in a hot unairconditioned airplane. He's whooped-out tired and we haven't been told alot of details, but it seems that he passed! So he's now finished his days as a full-time student! His next step is to get hired by the academy and instruct until next spring. He'll take one more instructor course on the side, but starting this fall (assuming he'll be hired) he's going to be a paid flight instructor at Flight Safety! I'm so proud of him and all the hard work he's done to get this far. And I'm thankful to the Lord that He's given Jonathan the chance to pursue his dreams. So incredible!

While Jonathan was heading out for his big flight, I had a magazine photo shoot on the beach! As written about in the May 15th blog entry, I've been given an opportunity to share my weight loss story in a diet magazine coming out in January. A Miami photographer named Julie Dickinson and her makeup artist Amanda met me at a local beach and we spent 3 hours together. Over 400 shots were taken today, more than on Wedding Day 1995! Amanda did my face and hair, and Julie brought clothes for me to "model". They were both very nice and did their best to put me at ease. I never felt completely comfortable with the whole thing, but it was fun to "play dress-up" for the morning.



Here are the boxes of makeup items that Amanda used to get the job done!


And here are the girls-- Amanda and photographer Julie Dickinson. They were really great, and we had fun sweating together and getting messy on the beach!




Here's my favorite shot of the day. I normally wouldn't choose a dress like this, but it was so much fun, so I took it home with me! If you'd like to see more shots from that day, go to this web page:

http://wheatonil.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10978&l=44516&id=802097537

No comments: