
Colson used to go to occupational, physical, and speech therapy several times a week at the HealthSouth outpatient hospital in Vero. He aged out of his state-sponsored program at age 3 in April, and we've really missed his therapists Sherry, Lisa and Sarah. Today we went by the hospital on their lunch break to say hello and take care of some business. Sarah is pregnant with her first child, so we bequeathed to her several boxes of outgrown toys and supplies. Lisa checked Colson's feet to see if he needs new orthodics for his rapidly-growing feet (he does).
Colson clammed up and was pretty shy for most of his visit with them, but as soon as I left him alone with Lisa (to go get boxes out of the car), he jibber-jabbered away. Likewise, after we left he had plenty to say about visiting the ladies.
I don't miss hauling us across town for all of those classes, and we do enjoy Colson's new speech class at a local elementary school, but I sure do miss these fine women. They do such a great job, and I can tell they really love our precious boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment