Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day

Well it was our very first Christmas with none of our parents present--kind of a weird feeling. Jonathan and I were the parents! I remember my first Christmas away from my folks years ago-- it was kind of emotional for me, and my dear mother even sent a shoe box full of stocking stuffers for Santa to give to me. So kind.

Aside from the usual conflicts that come from children being overstimulated, we had a pretty good day. I was plenty tired of parenting by the end of it, but we still had fun with our collection of toys, yummy food, last readings in our Advent book The Jesse Tree, watching the Disney parade on TV, etc.

In the evening we had lasagna for dinner (kind of a tradition we've started because of my mom's lasagna). I'm amazed we had room in our tummies after our breakfast of Southern Living Pecan Pancakes, so yummy!

After the kids were in bed Jonathan and I enjoyed watching some Narnia on DVD....Goodnight!

No comments: