Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Starting the "Grand Scheme" Blog

2:30pm:

For those of you who know me and Jonathan, you know about the "Grand Scheme". That is, our dream to leave the security of our employment at Wake Forest University to pursue professional pilothood for Jonathan.

We will be gone for 12-24 months, and during that time we hope to keep in touch with all of our family and friends. We are going to do our very best to get back to the North Carolina area, but we don't know what's in store for us. This blog will serve as a place you can come to in order to check on us and hear the latest news.

Today I was taken to lunch by my former library-mates to honor my 35th birthday (April 1, no foolin'!) and to say goodbye. We had a lovely lunch at River Birch Lodge here in Winston-Salem. We all had yummy salads and a tasty chocolate dessert to share. They gave me a birthday card with lovely sentiments written inside and a really cool WFU totebag, too! I'm spoiled rotten! I'm going to miss my job at the Professional Center Library. Not only the tasks that I performed there, but of course also the wonderful people with whom I worked!

Well, my son Matthew will be arriving home from Kindergarten soon, so I'm going to try to get a few things done around here before he arrives. Now that the wet weather has passed and I officially have a "For Sale by Owner" out on the front lawn, I have aspirations of actually mowing my grass and making the lawn presentable today!

If you ever read this and want to leave comments or email me, that would be great!

More later...

Laura

Today's quote:

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." ~Jim Elliot

Today's picture:

Baby Colson likes my birthday balloons!

6:30pm:

Well, I tried to mow the yard, but our lawnmower seems to still be in hibernation mode from the winter. I have a "For Sale" sign in the front yard, so I'm anxious to have the "curb appeal" up to snuff. I managed to get some fresh pinestraw on some needed areas, but wasn't able to finish. Baby Colson decided he was tired of watching me and wanted to go back inside.

It's not even really evening yet and I'm really tired. I wish I could blame it on a workout video from earlier today, but it's more than that. Not sleeping well at night. Anxious about all that needs to fall in place and Colson wakes up every once in a while.

Well, Colson's finished the Cheerios I gave him-- time to go feed him some baby veggies. The below picture is what he'll look like when we get done...

No comments: