This morning we met our friends the Schwartz's at
Riverside Park for an Easter Egg Hunt under the oaks. There was some musical entertainment, an appearance by the Easter Bunny and egg hunts for the kids, divided up in age groups.
When the Easter Bunny made his appearance in the back of a black convertible, he drove around the area where all the kids were assembled, waving at the crowd. Colson started waving back, then took off across a field, chasing after the Easter Bunny! It was so funny. Jonathan eventually caught up to him and snapped this shot:
Colson enjoyed walking on the piles of mulch and exploring this very large oak tree while we waited for the egg hunts to start...

Jonathan took Matthew to his egg hunt and I stayed with Colson and the Schwartz's for ours. I had the digital camera; that's why most of these shots are of Colson. At first he didn't understand what was going on, and right about the time that he figured out the "game", he had reached his limit of 4 eggs. Still, he had fun sitting down and perusing his loot later. Here's a picture of Colson and little David Schwartz:

Looking for eggs....

Found a yellow striped one! And in the foreground is baby Simon Schwartz with mom Pam. I was shooting fast, or I would have made a point
not to cut off her head!

The boys and their "loot" after they were done...

Colson wasn't very interested in the candy within the eggs. He just had fun opening them...

Matthew had fun getting his four eggs and later went with Daddy and the Schwartz's to a boat show nearby. Below is a picture of Matthew and our friend Pam on one of the boats. I took Colson home for his nap. It was a gorgeous day, perfect for Easter/Spring activities and the kids were adorable! If you like these and want more, I can send some more if you email me a request.
No comments:
Post a Comment