It's been a good day. The guys brought me a healthy breakfast in bed: Fat free cottage cheese, fat-free scrambled eggs and pineapple. They made cost-effective (and very cute) birthday cards out of construction paper, too. I received some nice gifts from family and we enjoyed them alot today-- thanks everyone!
After church we had a good naptime, Matthew ran to the library with me and to Wal-Mart to get a few groceries for a splurgy-non-fat-free dinner. Freschetta pizza with Chocolate Walnut Coconut Bars (raisins omitted!) for dessert. It's not as good as the Bunny Cake my mom usually makes for me, but it certainly was tasty!
While we had dinner we watched Peter Pan, and I think I must have quoted half the movie out loud!
This evening after the kids are in bed, Jonathan and I are having our Anniversary time together. He's promised to put away his school books and have time just for us, which is quite a feat these days! He's such a hard working student, and he has a big FAA exam coming up this week. He says the results of this exam will follow him through his career. I know he'll do well, though. In any case, we're going to watch Happy Feet (yea free Blockbuster coupon!) and just have fun. I can't believe it's been 12 years. Today was a windy day, but just as gorgeous as the day we got married. So grateful to have a wonderful husband.
Here we were on our special day, very young and clueless, but very much in love...
No comments:
Post a Comment