Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving was wonderful! We went to the home of our friends Chris and Marda French. Chris attends Flight Safety Academy where Jonathan's an instructor. He and Chris are friends, but he's also proven to be a nice mentor-figure for Chris.

We split the menu up and had a kind of pot-luck meal. Chris made a 26-pound turkey, so I'm sure they'll be eating sandwiches for a week! In addition to the other side-items the Frenchs made, I brought green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pecan pie and pumpkin pie. The crusts that I tried to make for the pies were a disaster, but the store-bought crusts turned out just fine.

Below is our group, including Flight Safety student Joel Bultemeier (L) who joined us as well:




Here are the guys playing in the front yard after our meal (no sound):



And here's Colson "holding" baby Ainsley. You can see him saying "Baby" several times. I found it amusing, as he's not much beyond babyhood himself!


For more pictures, click on the link below. When it takes you to the next page, click on one of the small pictures to see the larger version:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19961&l=c0056&id=802097537

My sister-in-law Jennifer noted to me later that this was our first Thankgiving "on our own" without any of our extended family with us. It hadn't even dawned on me, but when she mentioned it I was kind of amazed. Life marches on...

No comments: