Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Visit and Straws

This morning Colson and I drove up to Melbourne, FL. We had an early lunch at the local Chick-fil-a (CFA). We went there to meet with my ol' First Place buddy Aletta Lane, who was vacationing in Cocoa Beach, FL with her family. I chose the location because CFA has a decent grilled chicken salad, and they have a play area for Colson. It was great to see Aletta and her brood again, and it made me miss North Carolina all over again!

Colson had a number of firsts today with the Chick-fil-a. We don't have a freestanding CFA in Vero, and even if we did, we couldn't afford to go there often anyway. So this was Colson's first time in one of those play area things. He was a little tentative, but he eventually got himself all the way up to the tippy-top of the huge contraption! At one point he forgot where I was and got "stuck" at the top, crying. I had to weave my adult-slightly-pudgy-self into this thing to to rescue him. It was actually kind of precious!

But aside from his first time doing the play area, he drank water out of a regular straw today! We've been trying for MONTHS (maybe even more than a year) to get him to do this. I was so thrilled I took some photos and sent them to his hospital therapists. The pics came out so cute I had to post them here. Here's Colson back at home, unwilling (yea!) to give up his CFA cup and loving his new talent!




No comments: