Here are some photos from his moments on stage:
Keeping up the the Hartness family as the Lord leads us down the road of life, as a part of His Grand Scheme...
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Matthew's Recital
Last summer Matthew began taking piano lessons at the local Academy for the Performing Arts with pianist Kelley Coppage. Kelley is not only our church's pianist, but she's a Julliard-trained artist. She's very good with Matthew and he's done really well with her. Last year he wouldn't even discuss participating in a recital, but this year was different. I don't know what Kelley said to him, but by the time this recital came around, he was ready to go! He took the stage, put his hands on the $200,000 Steinway piano and played Beethoven's Ode to Joy. He did really well! Afterward I asked him if he was nervous, and he said, "I was half nervous, half hungry." That made me chuckle.
Here are some photos from his moments on stage:
Plays his memorized piece (with good posture, I noticed!)...
Here are some photos from his moments on stage:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment