Tuesday, May 15, 2007

New Blog, Old Subject

As many of you know, my struggle with weight has been long term and ongoing. To make a long story short, the Lord has helped me have a good year of victory in this area. It hasn't been perfect, but I'm making strides.

Tonight I was interviewed for Better Homes and Gardens magazine. I'll be in a special issue called Diet 2008 they're putting out in January, in a weight loss article written by Anne Fletcher. I of course shared with her the First Place program, of which I'm a long-term member (I call it "my AA"). I'm not sure how much "religious" material she can put in the article, so I set up my own web page. I gave her the web address in hopes that she would put it in the article. That way people can learn more about the whole story of my successes and failures.

I don't write about this area of my life a whole lot on this blog, because I'd like this web page to be more about our lives here in Vero and what's going on with the family. I don't want to bore you with my endless dronings about my weight. However, if you'd like to keep up with how I'm doing in this area, I'm going to keep a separate blog going for that purpose. I won't write in it as often as this one, but maybe once in a while I'll post updates. Here's the web address:

http://firstplacevictory.blogspot.com

And be sure to check out that special issue called Diet 2008 in January! It'll probably be near or next to BH&G on the newsstands.

No comments: