Friday, May 11, 2007

Pre Mother's Day

Today I went to Matthew's school for a very special Mother's Day luncheon. His classroom was all decked out in pretty paper flowers, the tables were decorated with our own personalized place mats and we had some lovely foods for lunch. The children presented us with gifts and poems. Here's Matthew reading his poem in front of the group, with the words printed below:




My mom is the best because she does very special things for me.
She lets me cook with her.
She lets me have breakfast in bed on my birthday.
She helps me put together puzzles.
Sometimes she lets me have breakfast for dinner.
Now you know why I think my mom is so special!


Matthew's classroom, all decked out for our special lunch...

I think my favorite gift was an art piece that Matthew made for me. It's his hand print with finger prints to make flowers. I've hung it right next to the hand print craft that Matthew made for Jonathan's birthday. It brought tears to my eyes when I opened it. A precious gift. Here's our very proud artiste with his work:




No comments: