Saturday, December 22, 2007

Treasured Evening

Another date night tonight! I think it's been about 3 months, so we were really ready to get away. Our sweet friend Pam Schwartz came over to baby sit (thanks, Pam!). While we were gone, she had the ingenius idea to make a mini gingerbread house with the boys. Apparently Colson went crazy over this activity, and Matthew eventually warmed up to the idea. The house turned out SO cute, and we're saving it in the fridge for a few days so that Christmas visitors can see it.


While they were making that, Jonathan and I went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Recently a kind parent gave us a gift card after we served as teachers for the 13-week Truth Project, so this was a nice treat.


After dinner we went to see the new National Treasure movie. It was pretty implausible and far-fetched, but it was still pretty fun. It made me want to go right home and watch the original again. (Thankfully, Pam is letting us borrow her DVD!) I don't like the second movie as much as the first, but it was a fun date movie and was pretty clean family fun.


The diet Cokes I drank at dinner kept me up 'til 2:30 am (I rarely drink caffeine), so I was pretty dead the next day. But we had a great night, and I made up for the lack of sleep the next day at naptime!

No comments: