Monday, April 09, 2007

Colson's 2nd Birthday!

Colson is now a big boy...babyhood is gone. He's two. TWO! When did that happen?!?

Photos from his fun, yet simple day...



Colson won't eat much of anything that's moist or sticky, so I made him a very plain mini angelfood cake. He LOVED it and gobbled it up!






Our friends the Shavers came over to play and enjoyed swinging in the hammock...


Colson also went over to the Shavers', where he helped out in digging a hole to China. I think at some point the supervising adult (Jonathan) had them fill the hole in when it got really deep. Maybe international border laws were being violated!





And in-between the Shavers and our house is the street...Colson had a ball pushing his Fisher-Price toy up and down the road. So happy-- look at that tongue!!








Big boy Colson, on the move and growing up...


I usually try to get the boys their annual portraits done on their actual birthdays, so today was no exception for Colson. I dressed him in the same Easter outfit that Matthew wore 5 years ago. Unfortunately, I neglected to take a personal picture of Colson in his cute outfit while we were in the Wal-Mart portrait studio today. So, we'll have to wait a month until those prints come in. So for now, here's a blast from the past... Matthew in the seersucker outfit at age two (almost) and a 5 years-younger Jonathan on Easter Sunday, 2002:



Okay-- it's now May 2nd as I write this update. Here's the portrait of Colson in the same outfit on his birthday!

No comments: