Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Jonathan's 37th

Well for 2 days Jonathan and I were the same age-- now he's back ahead of me again! Per his request, I made him Hartness biscuits this morning. Yum! His birthday present from me was a book I got him with Amazon credit I earned through doing surveys. The book is called The Enlightened Bracketologist. It's loads of fun to read, even if you're not a college basketball fan, but it's especially fun if you are a bracket-keeper this time of year.

For his birthday, Matthew made him a Precious Hands craft, similar to but fancier than the hand crafts Donovan and I made at his age for our parents. We had lots of fun putting it together and he painted it yesterday. Jonathan was thrilled, of course. Here's our artist with his finished product:





Jonathan started a new paid (!!) job yesterday at Flight Safety, helping out in the admin office with miscellaneous tasks that need to be done. Everything from paperwork to helping out on flights. They only need him from 8am-Noon today and then he'll be off to enjoy the rest of his birthday!

Jonathan's classes are quickly finishing up, and he's hoping to get hired on full-time as a Flight Safety instructor this summer. He's got to go through a standardization process, but I think he's a shoe-in!

This evening Jonathan opened his presents and later we had a fancy dinner after the boys went to bed. We had a gift card to Bodega Blue which we cashed in, and I made some Oreo Truffles that are so incredibly rich!

Happy birthday, honey! I know it's going to be another wonderful year!

No comments: