And as if things couldn't get any better, I ran into some old friends at the festival. Dave and Josie Lersch are old friends from my childhood in Roswell, Georgia. I saw them once in 1987, but other than that I haven't seen them since we left Georgia in late 1983. We've been in touch via email and I knew they'd be in the Orlando area this month. I'll be in Orlando on December 27th, and I was having a frustrating time trying to figure out how I'd fit a visit in with them so we could say hi and so they could meet my husband and children. Circumstances were not lending to a visit in a few weeks.
So there we are at the festival, I look through the crown and there are the Lersch's! It turns out, they have friends who attend the chuch that sponsored the festival, and they were in town visiting with them. The Lersch's had no idea it was our street, so they weren't expecting me at all. I practically pounced on them when we met, I was so thrilled to see them! We had a lovely visit, I showed them my messy house and they got to visit Jonathan and the boys. Yea!! What a coincidence to see them there-- God is so good!
Here are a few pictures from the day, click on any of them for a larger view:
Matthew and I on our hay ride...
Up up and away in the cherry picker!
My childhood friends, Josie and Dave Lersch
No comments:
Post a Comment