Saturday, December 09, 2006

Launching

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas in our home and a little in my brain... We put the Christmas radio station on, I baked some treats, and JH opened some of our Christmas decoration boxes. I got a mini tree set up on the counter-bar and put a few small wrapped presents by it. We hung a big ornament on the front door and put away the fall decorations. I dug out of the Christmas books box the Jesse Tree book and began reading that to Matthew. It’s so well written—I wish I’d pulled it out earlier, as I’m supposed to start reading on December 1 to finish each of the chapters by Christmas.

In the evening Jonathan took Matthew to the beach to watch the space shuttle launch. Due to the volume of clouds they didn't see a whole lot, but it was still exciting. I ran out into the street to see it, and all I saw was a quickly-moving glow going through the clouds. By the time I could actually see the shuttle, it looked like a star in the night sky. Still, it's really neat to witness. Here's a picture of the shuttle, as taken that night from the Cape:



No comments: