Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Illness Coming

Colson's speech therapist Angie and her staff threw a Christmas party for the patients and their families this afternoon. I took the two boys and we had fun for a little while. They had a bucket of play snow that the kids marvelled at, Santa came by for pictures and there were cookies to decorate. We ended up leaving when Colson thew up for the second time since yesterday. Like yesterday, it came out of the blue and went everywhere. It went all down the front of my dress and across the room. I think I would've been more mortified if I hadn't been surrounded by nurses and parents who'd seen such loveliness many times before.

By the end of the evening both Matthew and I weren't feeling quite right as well. It was the beginning of a long 24 hours.

Here's a photo of Matthew playing in a bucket of "snow" with Angie, and then a photo of him with Santa, which I managed to snap even while covered in Colson-goo...




No comments: