Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day at Disney

We managed to get out the door by 7am-- amazing. We made great time into Orlando, and just as we got near the Magic Kingdom we told Matthew the big secret-- we were on our way to Disney! He was happy to go camping, but of course he was also pleased to be heading to the "happiest place on earth" as well.

We met Grandma Sissy and Paw Paw at their Camp Wilderness campsite, where they'd slept in their van overnight. We made our way into the Magic Kingdom and stayed there for the day. The park was jam-packed and Colson couldn't ride anything, but I was glad to be there to experience Matthew's first day at Disney. And the one thing I wanted to do with him was ride Space Mountain, which we did. I think it scared him a bit, but he never cracked and survived better than I would have at that age!

As the day started to wane, I said goodbye to the group and took Colson back to Vero Beach. He's not ready to go camping yet, or rather, I'm not ready to go camping with him! I enjoyed a slow stroll back out of the park and then it took hours to get home. But we made it back safe and sound, and I was grateful for our special day. Here are some pics from our day:

Matthew and I as we made our way into Space Mountain. Even though we had a "fast pass" to get in, it was still a 25 minute walk in line to get to the ride. Reliving childhood memories, it was great to ride it with Matthew. I'm so glad he's brave enough to go!

Colson riding Daddy's shoulders through the park. I doubt he'll remember anything from today, but it was still neat to see him staring in wonder at everything. Ah, Disney through a child's eyes...

No comments: