Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

We had a really nice Christmas Eve today. We had services at church in the morning and in the evening, and they were just delightful. I especially liked our evening service with the candlelight. And both boys came in with us and did very well. Matthew behaved himself and Colson sat still as well, transfixed at the events unfolding around him. In those moments I was very content, and so happy to be where we are. It may not be a winter wonderland here, but our holiday is about Christ, His coming, and what He's doing among us.

After church we baked cookies for Santa, which Matthew always enjoys. (See below picture: Matthew watching over the oven.) Then late that night Jonathan and I were a flurry of wrapping paper. We took a photo (below) of our "post Santa" spread, which was such a blessing. Much thanks for all the gifts family and friends sent!



No comments: