Sunday, October 08, 2006

Christmas in October!

Highlight of the day: my neighbors across the street, the Shavers, went to Lake Norman (outside Charlotte, NC) on a family vacation this week. My mom drove 50 miles to meet them and spend about an hour together. She brought with her boxes of my stuff that didn't make it into my moving van. So needless to say, I was more than thrilled when my doorbell rang this afternoon, and there Carol Shaver stood with boxes to deliver! She got to watch me open them with glee-- there were tons of kitchen items I'd really been missing-- cutting board, measuring cup, onion soup mix, blender...all sorts of stuff. I was as thrilled as a kid on Christmas morning! It was just great, and I was also thrilled that my mom got to meet this special family that's been such a blessing to our lives.

***************************************************************************
Separate note: church attended this week...King's Baptist, which is not too far from our house. I really liked the "feel" of it and even saw a couple of ladies there from my weekly Bible study. We may go back again sometime.

No comments: