It was kind of a regular day today, but there were a few things of note...
Jonathan was a little late coming out of his class today when I drove over to pick him up. Long story short, his class was discussing with administrators the current climate at the school. The good news is, the "post 9/11 slump" is over, and there are lots of people coming in to get trained to be pilots. Also, the airlines and corporations are in high demand for pilots these days. So the industry is looking healthier.
The bad news is, because the slump is gone and demand for trained pilots is higher, there are tons of students and not enough instructors at the school. The trained pilots are heading out to airlines and corporations who are needing them right now, leaving Flight Safety Academy. So people like Jonathan aren't getting up in the air to fly as much as they'd like. The administrators came in to address this issue with Jonathan's class, and although I don't know if there's anything they can do to change the situation, I'm glad they're at least addressing it. I think it frustrates Jonathan when he can't get up in the air to fly as much as he should.
But overall I think JH is doing well in school. Based on a few minor details that he's told me, he seems to really know his material, sometimes more thoroughly than his classmates. That's good to hear.
On a completely different note... today my gracious mother agreed to drive almost an hour from her home to meet my neighbors, the Shavers. They were at Lake Norman vacationing, of all places! Mom brought them a few of my kitchen items that didn't make it to Florida, they fed her dinner, and they enjoyed visiting for about an hour. So cool! Worlds intersecting!
No comments:
Post a Comment