When we arrived we were surprised to find that The Fountains is a recreation area for people to cool off on hot days. David and Steve were all decked out in their swim trunks, ready to go! Poor Matthew wanted to play in the water so much, so we broke the rules and just let him romp in his jeans. We had a great time on that gorgeous day and hope to get together with them again. Here are a few pictures from our morning, click on any of them to see a larger view:

After our nice morning and a good lunch at home, Jonathan headed out for a long study session with one of his classmates. Nathan is 24, but very mature for his age and makes a great study partner for Jonathan. He's also a strong Christian and I think Jonathan will enjoy being his friend and maybe discipling him a little bit. So, I'm glad they have each other. They studied for several hours, and then Jonathan took Nathan on some errands, as Nathan doesn't have a car. They stopped by the house to say hello (JH was loaning him some DVDs), and I'm glad I got to visit with him for a little bit.
While Jonathan was gone for those many hours, I actually had a lovely afternoon and evening with the boys. I let Matthew watch a little bit of The Rescuers, he did some homework, had some out-loud reading time, laundry and picking up his room. We had a nice dinner together, then went on a bike ride. Colson was so happy-- he giggles with glee when he knows he's about to go for a ride! This was my first ride in our neighborhood, which has unpaved, sandy roads. I quickly learned that I needed to stay away from the middle of each lane. Staying on the tire-compacted sides kept my bike from slipping and sliding all over the place!
That evening I successfully gave both boys a bath, and pretty soon it was time for bed. Jonathan came by with Nathan, then later came home for the night. We watched a little bit of a DVD and turned in. It had been a simple day, but such a fun and fulfilling one!


No comments:
Post a Comment