The rest of the day was long and challenging. I won't bore you with all the details, but there was one interesting moment. I was standing in line at the Dollar Tree store, and Colson was wailing because he wanted a mylar balloon for sale near the cash register. It was loud and we were in a tight space with plenty of people. I did my best to console him and then we got out of there as quickly as possible.
While I was buckling Colson into his car seat, a kind elderly gentleman came out of the store and brought Colson a mylar balloon! My sweet son was so thrilled when I presented him with a big yellow smiley face balloon-- you should have seen his face! So happy! I thanked the man profusely and just chuckled. People are funny. Here are some pictures of the happy boy with his toy. Click on either for a larger view. He had so much fun batting it around on the way home, he put a hole in it. I managed to tie off the hole, so he was able to enjoy it for a few more hours. Such a little man!

No comments:
Post a Comment