Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

I got up early to make a pancake breakfast-in-bed for JH, and let him have time alone to eat and enjoy our last Sunday paper before our subscription runs out.

We left for church and didn't get the house show-ready, as our earliest Sunday showing in the past was 2pm. And of course, during Sunday School we got a call for a 1:30 showing!

So after church we did lots of scurrying to clean up, and I made a portable lunch for the guys.

They wanted to go to Krispy Kreme to eat and get a donut, so I dropped them off. Going in there would have been too much of a temptation. So I took Colson to Borders Books across the street instead. Later JH and MH joined me at the store.

We took some late Sunday naps, and then I got working on a fancy Father's Day meal for Jonathan-- Rachael Ray recipes, of course. Matthew helped me make a peanut butter/chocolate dessert for Jonathan as well. The meal went very well, and Jonathan took MH biking while I cleaned up the huge mess.

After the kids were in bed we enjoyed JH's father's day gift, Season 1 of Numb3rs on DVD, bought with funds I earned filling out surveys on Lightspeedpanel.com. JH was surprised at my choice for his gift, but he really likes it. He's the son of a math teacher and the husband to a numbers geek-- he can't help it!

No comments: