Friday, June 02, 2006

To Matthews for Memorial

We had a 9am showing, so after taking Matthew to school dressed as Letter Person E, Jonathan and I worked to get the house ship-shape. Then we drove about doing random errands to kill time. Most of the places we went weren't even open yet, but the one place that worked out for us was (of all things) a comic book store. I bought a couple of copies of the new Battlestar Galactica comic book (issue #0) to sell later on eBay when they're collectors items. At 25 cents a pop, it wasn't a big investment, so no big deal.

After the showing, we let Colson take a short little nap, packed the car and headed out to pick Matthew up from school. After not sleeping well the night before and house cleaning today, I was pretty tired. So we let Matthew watch a DVD and I took a little nap on the way to Matthews, NC to be with family for my deceased grandfather's memorial service tomorrow.

We beat the Friday afternoon traffic and enjoyed a relaxed afternoon at my parents' home. My Aunt Ellen had already arrived from Seattle and that evening my brother Donovan and his wife Jennfier arrived from Baton Rouge.

We had a nice evening together and didn't stay up too late. Matthew and Jonathan camped out in the backyard in a tent-- it was so cute!

No comments: