Thursday, June 08, 2006

Wasted efforts

We had an early 8:45am showing for a guy who'd just driven by our house and set up an appointment. Aparently he had no idea we had a pool and isn't looking for one. Hello?! INTERNET PHOTOS?! So frustrating. Is anyone going to buy this thing?!

So, once again we got the house cleaned up and then left for a while. We ran by WFU's ZSR library to pick up some DVDs to watch later, and then I took Jonathan to the Red Cross for his turn to give platelets. He did really well, recovering far better than I did my first time in 2001.

Still, JH took it easy for rest of the day and I tried to corral the kids away from him as much as possible.

For dinner I made a fun egg basket recipe from my Rachael Ray cookbook and they were a big hit !

By late afternoon JH was okay to hang out with Matthew and I took Colson out for a fitness walk, 49 min around Reynolda Village and the Reynolda House grounds. It was a gorgeous 70 degree evening, and I tried to enjoy the surroundings as much as I could, thinking it might be the last time I could do it for a while. Hopeful thinking, I guess.

In the evening I watched Roman Polanski's Oliver Twist, which didn't really allow for much joy to enter the storyline. I suppose that's very Dickensonian, but it didn't make for a good betime story. JH fell asleep halfway through-- he didn't miss much!

No comments: