Thursday, June 22, 2006

Reprieve

This morning Jonathan's father called and asked if he would come to the coast and help out with his sailboat, which needs cleaning. After getting things straight here, Jonathan and Matthew left for a couple of days away. I got the house ready for the 3pm showing, including vacuuming the pool, which I haven't done in a while. I finished it just before the sun hit the pool area, making it uncomfortably hot.

At 3pm I loaded Colson up in the stoller and walked one mile down Reynolda to Lowe's Foods to pick up a few things for my weekend alone. I needed the exercise as well, so I decided to use the "eviction time" for that purpose, listening to a Podrunner podcast to keep the pace. By that time in the day the heat was in the 90s, but we were over pavement with no shade trees and little breeze to speak of. By the time I got to the grocery store I was quite sweaty. Colson's baby skin looked more pink than I felt comfortable with, so along with the groceries I bought him some fresh baby sunscreen. I took my time in the store, enjoying the reprieve of the air conditioning. At about 3:45 we headed back out.

The walk home went fine--still very hot, but 1 mile isn't too bad. It was nice to enter the cool basement garage when we got home. I could tell our real estate visitors had been there, but they'd chosen not to take an informational flyer-- not a good sign. Sigh...

I enjoyed a quiet evening with Colson, playing on the floor with him and feeding him some dinner. It was nice to have some easy one-on-one time with him. At 8pm he went to bed, and now I'm enjoying a quiet night alone. After the last few days, this is a nice treat. I wish I had a car, but I'm enjoying the peace far more...

No comments: