Thursday, June 29, 2006

Good day-- whew...

Although we had no showings and no offers on the house, today was a good one-- yea!

Colson slept in 'til (get this!) 6:45am, and I felt like a new woman with the extra sleep! I made a nice boxed lunch for Jonathan's second day of work at B/E Aerospace, and we drove him out there for the day. I know it's only a low-paying temp job, but it's nice to be in somewhat of a normal routine with this.

After house cleaning and putting Colson down for his morning nap, I got in a nice workout. Matthew behaved well, hanging out with me in the basement as I huffed and puffed my way through it.

Pretty soon it was lunch, then we ran an errand and went over to the Central library. A kids' program we wanted to attend didn't happen as planned, so we just hung out in the children's department. Matthew played a Magic Schoolbus: Inside the Earth computer program, Colson played with the various toys available, and I looked at some old Lloyd Alexander books that I'd read as a child. I ended up checking them out and some newer volumes of his to take home and peruse later.

When we got home I put Colson down for an afternoon nap. Matthew and I began working on a project of ours-- we're making our own game pieces to play the game Othello on our own 8x8 checkers/chess board here at home. We're painting wooden circles white and black, which is proving to be a nice activity for us. A good craft that he can focus on, he doesn't get in trouble, and we enjoy being together.

At 5pm we picked Jonathan up from work, went home and had dinner. Jonathan kept the kids and I went out grocery shopping later on. It was nice to go to the store and not have to deal with the insanity that always ensues when the boys are with me these days. I ran into an old college friend who goes to my church and was actually able to talk to her for 5 minutes without being interrupted! Wow!

I got home just after 8pm; Matthew was already in bed and Colson wasn't far behind. I was glad to hear that Matthew had been pretty good while I was gone, but Jonathan was still pretty tired. He's on his feet all day at his job, which can take it out of you. I bought him some shoe inserts at Wal-Mart tonight in hopes that'll help him.

We watched some old Superman cartoons I'd bought for $1 at Wal-Mart, and soon JH was asleep. Some medication I took earlier has me wide awake, so it's 11pm and I'm not even sleepy. I have the old Superman: The Movie playing in the background, soundtrack and video only, no dialogue or sound effects. John Williams is a genius.

Our friends the Pinyans have graciously agreed to take care of the kids on Saturday so we can go out. I eagerly hope we can go see Superman Returns, but even if we don't , it'll be so nice to get away.

Today was a good day. The first nice one in (what seems like) quite a while. It felt balanced and peaceful, for the most part. Hope we can do it again tomorrow...

No comments: