
Last night Mom and I slept in her room with Colson. His sleeping pattern was so-so. While I might not have slept as well as I could have, it could have been worse! Jonathan camped out in the backyard with Matthew last night and barely got any sleep. But they had fun together, and I think they made some nice memories as father and son.
The morning got going pretty quick, as we were having a memorial service for my grandfather at 10:30. (See May 3 blog post.) We took various cars over to the church for the service. It went pretty well, with some good hymns and some really funny anecdotes told by family members. Matthew and little Anna were a little wiggly in the front row, but it went ok all things considered.

After the service the family members caravanned over to my parents' house. I rode with my aunt Diane and enjoyed having a quick visit with her. She has two boys, so we had much to discuss when it comes to the challenges of mommyhood!
Some kind people from the church brought food over for us, and we had lovely lunch. We took a family photo (Above, top) and enjoyed hanging out together for awhile. I'm so glad my cousin Ken brought his children. Little baby Emily was a cute butterball and I loved holding her. Big sister Anna provided a nice playmate for Matthew (above). It was a nice afternoon!
Later, a part of the group drove back to my house in Winston-Salem for the night. Jonathan, my brother Donovan, his wife, Colson and I drove back first. Matthew and my parents arrived a few hours later, so JH and I had a nice period of time to visit with Donovan and Jennifer. We took a nice walk to the Wake Forest campus to get some exercise and showed The Lord of the Beans to Donvan and Jennifer. That night it was great to have a houseful of overnight guests-- my parents in the guest room, and D&J down in the bonus room. That's probably the last time we'll have that, provided this house sells soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment