Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Conferencing/Seating/Voting

This morning I took Matthew to school early. I met with his teacher for his periodic parent/teacher conference. Suffice it to say, Matthew is doing very well in school. He's way above grade level in reading, loves science and does well in all his subjects. His behavior is much improved from last year, and she calls him a "dream student". That's such a huge improvement (behavior wise) from last year, when he had poor behavior marks and was a huge drain on alot of the staff at school. Yea! Here's a photo of our star pupil and his teacher, Mrs. Crooker:


When I got out of the van at Matthew's school (before the conference), I opened Colson's side of the van to a surprising sight. I'd forgotten that the night before, Jonathan had turned Colson's seat around to face forward. So there was the face of my baby, all turned around like a big boy! It took me by surprise, as I hadn't loaded Colson in the van and I hadn't really looked at him in the rear-view mirror. I had to take a picture of my big boy:



After the parent/teacher conference I had the opportunity to cast my vote for our elected officials right there at the school. It was so early, I didn't have to wait one bit. Of course, most of the people I voted for didn't win (except Governor), but that's okay. It's important to be a part of the process.

No comments: