Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Generosity and Inchworms

We had a nice day as a family-- riding bikes, Thanksgiving meal shopping, visiting the library, and hardware shopping. Mom and Dad decided that for our Christmas they wanted to buy us Thanskgiving groceries and overhead lights for the 4 ceiling fans in the house, which are really needed. Colson's room especially is very dark alot of the time. It's a very practical gift. You know you're a grownup when you're happy to have holiday gifts that are 1)Groceries and 2)Overhead Lights! We plan to either take the lights with us whenever we move, or maybe our landlord will like them and give us a discount on a month's rent or something.

In the afternoon Dad came with me out to Flight Safety to pick Jonathan up from school. He wanted to see our man in uniform and to get a peek at the campus. While we were there he took a photo of me and JH, which is below.



For dinner, mom once again cooked. I was feeling alot better today physically, but she always likes to fix her lasagna when we get together. As usual it was yummy, and I was able to eat dinner with everyone this time!

After the boys were in bed we enjoyed watching the old 50's movie Hans Christian Andersen starring Danny Kaye. We love the songs in that movie and had a rollicking good time singing them quietly so as to not wake the children. It amazes me that I came to learn and love those songs decades before I ever saw the movie. I learned them on an old 78 record that my mom had from when she was growing up, and fortunately our LP player had a 78rpm function on it. To this day when I add 16 and 16 in my head, I think of the inchworm song!

No comments: