Sunday, November 19, 2006

Gearing Up

There were lots of Thanksgiving-themed things going on at church this morning. Between the hymns and sermon topic, it really started to get me in the mood for the holiday. With my parents coming into town in a couple of days, I was getting really excited!

At 5pm we went over to the First Church of God's parking lot. They were having a small festival/tailgate party in advance of the Rebecca St. James concert at 7pm. We weren't attending the concert but thought the fun and games would be an entertaining family activity. We had fun trying to win prizes, didn't win anything, headed home, but had a good time! Here's a picture of Jonathan and Matthew-- Matthew is working to hit a moving target with some air-powered Nerf toys and Jonathan is getting his "weapons" ready.


At night after the boys were in bed, Jonathan and I watched a public library DVD called The World's Fastest Indian. I'd checked it out from the library per Jonathan's request, and initially I wasn't overly interested in watching it. But once we got into it, I really enjoyed the story. It's about an Australian and his motorcycle, which isn't a Harley-Davidson, but an Indian brand motorcycle. I highly recommend this movie to you. There are a couple of adult themes to it that don't make it appropriate for children (or my parents!), but it's a great story. Go check out Anthony Hopkins in a really neat role!

No comments: