You know what's funny? We move down to Florida, arguably the most warm place we've ever lived, and we spend alot of time freezing our tails off. The locals jokingly tell me that it's the big secret about Florida-- it's actually the coldest place on earth. These folks may suffer in the heat outside, but by golly they've got the A/C cranked up inside! I've taken to bringing something warm to wear with me to Bible study every week. Of course I forgot my cover this week, so I froze my way through class. For once I enjoyed the hot, muggy weather when I got outside.
I'm so glad to be here, but I really do miss the crisp North Carolina weather and changing colors in the trees. It just doesn't feel like fall yet.
We did have a fun pre-Thanksgiving treat today, though. After I picked JH up from school, all four of us went over to Sam's Wholesale Club to get a few groceries and enjoy the plethora of holiday samples out for the weekend. My parents are coming for the holiday next week, and the pre-holiday things in the stores are getting me really excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment