Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thanksgiving Lunch

Today was a special day at school for Matthew. All the classes were having a special Thanksgiving lunch and the parents were invited to attend. Some classes had picnics, others had their meals in the classroom. Matthew's class had lunch in the cafeteria as usual, but the kitchen cooked up a Thanksgiving-style meal. Matthew's teacher decorated the tables for us, and the children brought placemats they had made in class earlier in the week.

I came with Colson, and let Matthew buy the special cafeteria meal, which is a treat for him-- I usually pack his lunch. It was great to see Matthew in his element and to meet some of the kids he's been talking about. He seemed really glad to have us there, and I could remember 30 years ago when my mom did the same thing for me, occasionally coming to school to have lunch with me. For some reason, it's really fun to have dear ol' mom at school lunch!



Matthew happy in the lunchline


Our special lunch table


Yummy lunch together!



No comments: