Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fun Day

Nice day today, from beginning to end. Jonathan was gracious to get up when Colson awoke early in the morning, and he took care of him so I could sleep in a bit. I usually do this on Saturdays, so it was a nice treat. Thanks, honey!



Jonathan and Matthew were gone alot of the mid-day, running errands and buying tires at Sears. We got some off-off-off-off-brand of tires. We're not doing any major traveling, so they'll do us for a while.



That evening we went to have dinner at a new friend's house. Melinda is a former pilot (as is her husband), and she and I are in the same core group in Community Bible Study. She was gracious enough to invite the lot of us over for a dinner party with her friends. We had a great time, meeting some new people, getting to know Melinda and her family better, and enjoying the fabulous fishtank they had in their den. Here's a shot I took of the tank, which is maybe 20% of the whole thing:


After a wonderful evening, we went home with a worn-out (and ornery) Matthew, lots of leftovers given to us from the party, and enough time to hang out together after the kids were asleep. Watched a fun DVD and hit the hay. Fun day!

No comments: