Not much to report on the house-selling front. We had a showing at 1pm on the 3rd, but so far nothing has come of it. Again, feeling cynical that this house is un-sellable...
We dropped Jonathan off at his job on the 3rd and I went home and packed for a trip to see my parents for Independence Day. With 2 kids at home this was quite a challenge, coupling the packing job with also getting the house ready for the 1pm showing.
We picked JH up from work and had a long 100-mile drive to Matthews. We let Matthew watch Bambi on DVD to keep him occupied. I'd purposefully let Colson skip his afternoon nap in hopes that he would nap in the car, but this didn't work out. He fussed pretty much all the way down there. Oh well. Learned that lesson.
The 4th of July was a busy day. We went to a party at one of my parents friend's house (which included swimming for the guys), then went downtown that afternoon for a 4th parade. The guys had fun decorating their bikes with 4th streamers and flags. JH and Matthew rode in the parade and my dad and I were spectators. It was really hot out, but nevertheless a fun activity. Mom kept Colson home (out of the heat), and she and I kept him that evening when the guys went downtown for the fireworks. While they were gone I packed up the car and fixed breakfast munchies for our early-morning ride home the next day.
Probably the best moment of the day was when Matthew said, "Man! Today sure has been a fun day!" I don't think we could've crammed much more into the day-- he certainly didn't get bored!
Jonathan and I got up at 5:25am on the 5th, rounded the kids up and were on the road by 6am. Fortunately the traffic was merciful, and Jonathan actually got to work a little early. I took the kids home and we all hit the sack again for an early morning make-up nap!
It was nice to come home to a clean house, even though we didn't have any other showings while we were gone. I guess that's to be expected, with the holiday. Glad we could make some nice memories with mom and dad, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment