
What a big day we had today! We loaded everyoone up in the van and went to church together. I dressed Colson in a cute outfit for his special 1-year birthday. On the way there we got a phone call from our friends the Pinyans, whom we'd thought were going to be out of town this weekend. To our delight, their travel plans fell through and they planned to join us for birthday fun later!
Church was just wonderful, especially the sermon, where Hunter spoke on having peace in times of trouble, which is what I really need these days! I'm certainly going to download that sermon as soon as possible!
After church we went over to K&W for lunch, where the Pinyans and family friends the Lowerys joined us. We had quite a crowd! Aside from some "interesting" moments with our challenging elder son Matthew, we had a great time!
After lunch we came back home for cake and ice cream, and we even had a surprise belated birthday cake for me as well! My mom is so sneaky when it comes to getting the annual "bunny cake" to me every year. It was very yummy, and Colson also enjoyed his birthday cake as well!

Later in the afternoon, Jonathan's parents Al and Shirley Hartness were able to join us for Colson's birthday cake. That evening they were very gracious to take us out for dinner at the River Birch Lodge, which I seem to be visiting frequently these days! Shirley and I took turns watching the boys at home, and we had a lovely QUIET dinner out with us grownups.
I can't believe it's been a year since Colson was born. Certainly the fastest year of my life, and I'm sure they'll only get faster! I decided to make today the last day of breastfeeding for my baby boy, and although I'm not going to miss being a slave to the clock for milk expression, I'm going to miss that sweet time with him every day. He's growing up so fast, and I see his "babyhood" eeking away little bits at a time every day. I wish I could put a brick on his head and keep him little!
Still, we look forward to the year ahead and all it will bring, both for baby Colson and our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment