Got a call this afternoon from the agency appointment center. We have our first showing tomorrow at 6pm! Kicked cleaning into a higher gear; I spent almost all day in the kitchen, going over it with a toothbrush sometimes! While working I listened to today's Focus on the Family broadcast. James Dobson told a story about how about 13 years ago, they'd just finished construction on their new campus in Colorado and the ministry was just about out of money-- they had 3 days' cash. They considedered cutting 25% of the ministry, as they don't like to go into debt. After praying, they felt they should press on and trust that the Lord would provide for them as He had in the past. While at home praying with his wife, Dobson thought of someone who had the ability to send a very large, helpful contribution to the ministry. The thing was, this person had never sent a donation before. They prayed that the Lord would lay it on the man's heart to send a significant, first-time contribution. And you know what? He did!
The story brought tears to my eyes and prayers to my heart, because sometimes that's how I feel. Down to little or no money, knowing we're doing God's will, and yet still needing to have faith that He will provide. Dobson's story is a good reminder that we can trust that the Lord can easily see our situation and has it all under control. I don't know if the people who are coming over here tomorrow will be our buyers, but the Lord knows who the new owners of this home will be, and I know He'll send them when he's ready. I just hope it's sooner rather than later!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment