Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ray of Hope

Today was a semi-usual day-- home alone with Colson. I kept pretty busy, though, working on the house to clean up weekend messes and also working on messes we hadn't finished yet. Colson was very fussy for most of the day. Wanted to be held all the time. I think he might be teething or something...

In the afternoon our realtor Eleanor came by with our handouts to post by the door for prospective buyers. The glossy flyer looks really good, especially with photos taken by me and Jonathan! Eleanor also took more pictures of the inside of the house. The last time she was here it was too messy to photograph. I went behind her and took shots with my camera as well. Here are a few:







As we got closer to "showtime", things got hectic. I felt like my head wasn't screwed on straight, so it's no surprise that I forgot Matthew's 4pm dental appointment!

Jonathan had the van on campus, so we walked over there to see him and to get out of the house for the showing. On the way there I ran into one of our neighbors David Parsons, a Christian who really "walks his walk" every day. His truck was loaded up with DVDs for the Jesus Project, and he was very gracious to give me a copy. I've been meaning to see the Jesus film for many years, so I was very glad to have the opportunity to see it.

We visited with JH for a little while in his office and he was nice enough to let us take the van home. I was delightfully surprised to see the prospective buyers still at the house when we arrived at 6:30pm. We made arrangements and they stayed until 7pm. Here's hoping that their time spent at the house compares to their level of interest!

During our extra time away, I drove to the store and got sandwich fixins' for Matthew. The poor boy hadn't had dinner yet! Pretty soon it was time to go home and get ready for bed. JH got home from class soon after and we had a low-key evening of reading and writing, as he had work to do on a school paper.

No comments: