Today is Day One of Matthew's spring break. He's out of school from April 5-16. I'm hoping to not be a puddle on the floor when it's all over. Jonathan was very gracious and let me take Matthew to the weekly church dinner at Calvary Baptist before my First Place meeting. The trip still managed to be fairly stressful, with Matthew giving me problems right and left. Almost went home a couple of times.
Fortunately we made it through and he had a lovely time at Mission Friends (where they discussed the homeless children in Colombia, interestingly enough) while I enjoyed the start of a new session in First Place. Looks like we're going to have a good group. I'm officially weaning Colson starting next week and will be dropping my calorie count, so I'm really looking forward to finally shedding the post-baby/nursing pounds that I've been carrying for a while now.
By the end of the day I'd completed zero "Grand Scheme Items" and was fretting over that. I like to get at least one thing done a day, to feel like we're making progress. I arrived home from Calvary to see that Jonathan had been working in the yard, and it was looking so much better. Yea honey! So grateful...
At the end of the night we hunkered down and watched My Date With Drew, which was such a cute, fun, hopeful movie. The theme of following your dreams, taking risks and doing the most you can with your life really resonated with us. Loads of fun.
We rarely watch live TV, so when LOST completed taping, we watched the "Dave" episode and fast-forwarded through all the commercials. Good episode. I could really relate (although not as intensely) with overweight Hurley's struggles with food. So glad the Lord sent First Place to me to keep me from going over the edge.
Was blessed with a good night's sleep-- Colson didn't wake for his 3:30am feeding! Yea!
Today's quote:
"If you don't take risks, you'll have a wasted soul." - Drew Barrymore
No comments:
Post a Comment