Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Abbott's, Geminis and Time Travel

Matthew had good behavior at school and earned a free frozen custard cone at Abbott's in Vero. Since it would be a while before Jonathan got home, we went straight there after Matthew got out of school. We had fun sitting out at a picnic table-- Matthew with his vanilla/sprinkle cone and Colson with his mini sample vanilla cone. He preferred to just hold the cone and not lick it-- I think he thought it was a toy! The custard started to go, so I just had to do my part and take a few licks! By the time we left we were all a mess, but we'd had some free fun.

Jonathan came home for a quick dinner, then headed back out for a Gemini flight at school. A Gemini is when he sits in the back seat to observe and learn. He came back tired (it had been a rough flight), but very glad he'd gone up with the instructor and other student. Good learning time for him.

That night we watched The Lake House on DVD (had a Blockbuster coupon). I'm a sucker for time-travel stories, so although it was predictible and the plot had a ton of holes, I really enjoyed it. And even though it was a "chick flick", I think Jonathan enjoyed it as well. Mom and Jennifer, if you're reading this, I think this movie might be one I can recommend to you. Click on the link in the first sentence of this paragraph and go watch the trailer. Enjoy, time travelers!

No comments: