Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Day of Provision and Answered Prayer

I'm so tired I can barely see straight, but I at least want to get something down here for the day. Here's the short version:

Took MH to school for his last day. Said goodbye and thanks to his teacher. Wish he could stay longer, hope he gets a good teacher in FL.

Got Krispy Kremes for the last time in Winston, at least for a while. My eating regumen went out the window today!

Jonathan tries to get rental truck. Loooooong story short, he had to get another truck with another company, and it didn't arrive until the afternoon. But it's all for the best, I'm sure. It's a longer truck and has a more fuel-efficient diesel engine, which thrilled Matthew. He's fascinated with diesels.

Lots of packing and loading. Friends Clark Pinyan, Cliff and Carolyn Lowery come over to help. SO needed.

Getting the piano out of the house and down the steps proved to be a nightmare. Amazed no one got hurt.

Pack as much as possible, begin to run out of boxes (and tape).

Need at least 20-30 boxes, ended up getting 45 used boxes from Dollar Tree down the street. Dumpster diving with mother-in-law Shirley.

Matthew arrived home from his last day at school, got photo with his beloved bus driver and waved goodbye.

Late in the evening Clark's wife Kim shows up with all sorts of needed supplies: bottled water, a dolly for loading, cookies, walkie-talkies for the trip, TAPE, and more! It was great to see her and say goodbye and person, and the supplies were very appreciated. Once again, needs were provided for.

Grandma Sissy rode back to Fayetteville, but we'll see her again sometime tomorrow.

We had a piecemeal dinner and headed in to bed. Everyone is exhausted and we're not even on the road yet. We're nowhere near finished packing up. Who knows when we'll leave...

The most amazing thing about today was just how much the Lord took care of us today. Between getting us a better and healthier truck, to bringing us to more boxes, to bringing tape to us, it was really neat. Also, I can really feel the prayers of friends and family, as my usual hysterical nature is VERY much at bay right now. I'm totally not worried about the details of the move; I know we'll get there and He'll keep us going. Keep up your prayers, it's working!

No comments: