
The whole day was a flurry of activity-- we ran tons of errands that had to be done before leaving town. Sometimes Jonathan and I ran them together, sometimes we ran them in separate cars (using Grandma Sissy's). I got anti-anxiety medicine for the cat's trip to Florida, turned in a ton of magazines (some of them completely unread) to the local library, and ran to the storage facility with Jonathan. When he said the thing was packed solid, he meant it! I was amazed at how much he, Al and my Dad had carefully stacked in there. He and I managed to get a couple of more boxes in, but it's pretty much full at this point. We tried to meet with the on-site manager about extending our lease, but he was nowhere to be found. Oh well-- maybe tomorrow.
Jonathan and I ran several other errands, and he and his mom did as well. While home alone I worked on packing up more boxes. Both Jonathan and Colson got haircuts, and they look very nice. Colson looks like such a little boy, less of a baby, and it makes me sad. But he's still so cute! Scroll down below to see a photo of the guys later in the day.

My dear friend Padma came by with her son Jay to say goodbye. I had 30 minutes to be with her, and I tell you they were the fastest 30 minutes of my life! She gave us gifts, showed us photos of her latest cross-country trip and took a few pictures. I had to really work to keep from completely losing it, although tears were shed. Here we are in the front yard, a last photo together. Click on any of the photos here to see a larger view, although you might not want to do that with my photo-- my tired, lined and worn face may not look great on your screen! HA!
After Padma we ran over to Jonathan's old Wake Forest office to say one last goodbye before they closed up shop for the day. I took a quick photo of the guys out in front of the office, in front of some lovely WFU flowers. For some reason the photo won't load in this paragraph, so scroll down to see it below this blog entry.
We met with our realtor, Eleanor Bell to sign paperwork, and then she graciously let me use her office to do some faxing for our new home in Florida. She showed me around the elegant home that Allen Tate is using at the corner of Reynolda and Polo roads, and it was just amazing. We had a nice talk with her sales manager about the "Grand Scheme", and they both seemed to be glad that Jonathan and I were taking this leap. It's an exciting time, I tell you. And I'm so glad to have friends like Eleanor in our lives to help us make it through.
When I arrived home from the Allen Tate house, our neighbor David Parsons was there with a delivery of packing boxes for us. We thanked him profusely and told him how much his faith was a great witness to others. I hope any of you get the chance to know David Parsons one day. This man is such a great example for Christians. He really lives his faith in a consistent, loving way, always doing things for others.
The rest of the evening was grabbing dinner, more packing, etc. While stuffing boxes I got a call from my old high school friend Angi Smith Prejean, who was thrilled to hear we were moving to Vero Beach. She visits near there every couple of years, so we should see her next summer. I spoke with her for (what seemed like) 2 seconds and then was off to the next phone call coming in or to-do item. It was a crazy night.
We managed to get the boys down to bed at a decent hour. Matthew is sleeping on the floor on his mattress, as his bed is completely disassembled. When we put each boy to bed, I marveled at the fact that tonight would be my last night tucking them in their beds in this house. It just seems so surreal...
Jonathan and I began turning in for the night, but I had one last visitor-- my friend Juanita from my job at the Professional Center Library came by with magazines for my long road trip and packing boxes from the library. It was great to see her one more time and chat for a bit on the front steps.
It's 4 minutes to midnight now. The final day is upon us. I'm just so unreal, thinking that our time in this house is about over. It was so short. I'm glad we're moving on to this next chapter in our lives, but I wish it had been longer...
No comments:
Post a Comment