Tired from yesterday, we all were sleeping in a little bit this morning. Jonathan woke me at 7am, giving us about an hour to get ready (which isn't much with the kids). We managed to get it together and we got to church on time for our last service at Redeemer (at least for a while). Once again this week, my parents attended with us.
Matthew did really well in the worship service, sitting pretty still and keeping himself occupied with coloring and reading a Bible story book. I tried not to think about this being our last week, as I knew I'd just lose it if I did. I saw the married couple who are buying our home, sitting 2 rows ahead of us, and that's when I nearly lost it. We're really leaving, and they're really moving into our house.
In between worship and Sunday school, we had time to talk to folks and say goodbye. I tried to think of it as "see you later", which kept the emotions at bay.
Mom and Dad took us to lunch up the street at Panera. Colson was pretty fussy (no morning nap), so we didn't stay too long. Mom helped me take him home to rest, and the guys ran to Borders. Jonathan's mom wanted him to buy himself some magazines for our long road trip this week, and he found 3 airplane mags that appealed to him. Dad bought Matthew a crossword puzzle book, as he's been wanting to do some "kid crosswords" with him lately. He also bought Matthew his very own chess set, which really thrilled Matthew. Our 6 year-old has been getting into chess lately. Amazing.
We had a brief rest period after lunch, watching some U.S. Open tennis, and I did a workout video to burn off some of the 800+ calories I'd had in my seemingly-healthy Panera salad (the Panera website info revealed the truth to me later-- AAA!). The Fuji Apple-Chicken garden salad tastes great for a reason!
Soon Jonathan's parents rolled in, and we were back to work on the house. The guys hauled furniture and boxes, taking things to our crammed storage unit. They got it super-organized, and almost had to play a mental game of "Tetris" to get everything in there. They worked really hard today, and more than deserved the trip to Coldstone Creamery later in the evening.
We women worked in the kitchen, packed boxes, watched Colson and played with Matthew. Not as physically strenuous, but we got plenty done.
Part of me wanted to just rest today, to enjoy it being Sunday. But I guess this isn't a normal week. And it's nice to go to bed tonight, feeling like we're ahead of where I thought we'd be at this stage of the game. At this rate-- knock on wood-- we should be able to be ready to go Wednesday afternoon and have the ability to go to the church picnic for dinner. A great way to say goodbye...here's hoping.
No comments:
Post a Comment