Friday, September 01, 2006

Last Friday

Jonathan's Dad Al stayed with us last night; he and Jonathan's mom Shirley are on their way up to the Hillsville flea market for the Labor Day weekend. We got Matthew up extra early so he could have a nice breakfast and have his Paw-paw take him to school. We reminded Matthew that it's the last Friday he'll be at Jefferson, so he wore his Friday-Spirit-Day shirt.

Jonathan, Al and Matthew crammed into Al's packed VW Beetle and off they went. They took Matthew to school and Jonathan to work for his last day at B/E Aerospace. Al came back to the house later for a little more breakfast and to get ready for Hillsville.

After Al left I got some stuff done around the house, then made an attempt at a workout. Colson woke up 15 minutes into the 51-minute routine. I really needed to get it done, so I brought him into the workout room with me. He thought all my thrashings on the floor (ab crunches) were really funny, and he came over and played with my head. He was so funny, and we got to laughing and I stopped the tape. I eventually got it finished, but it was an unusual workout, to be sure!

After that I got to work on errands around town that needed to be done, this last day of "freedom" before we move to Florida. After today, it won't be just me & Colson doing our own thing anymore, at least until we get fully settled in Vero Beach. I got a few things accomplished, but before I knew it school was over for Matthew and Jonathan wanted to be picked up at 3pm from work.

This worked out well, as I needed Jonathan to come with me to a friend's business office where our faxes were waiting for us from Florida. They were our application to lease and the actual lease document itself, which we had to sign and re-fax back to Florida, preferably before the close of business. Hopefully all this paperwork will process and we'll be set to go by the time we get back down there next week.

We went back home, the boys got out and I went back out for more errand running. I didn't get everything finished, but I needed to get back home for dinner. We splurged and got a chicken pie from Salem Kitchen, a Winston-Salem tradition. It's on our list of "things to eat before we leave town". We also want to have a loaf of Peasant White bread (unsliced) from Dewey's Bakery and some Krispy Kreme donuts. Not the most diet-conscious items, but it's a final-fling kind of thing.

After dinner we worked on packing up some more, and then my parents arrived a little bit after 9pm to stay until Monday morning. They're here to help us pack up, and others are coming tomorrow. We've got alot of work to do in these next few days, but I know with some hard work and the gift of time from our friends, it'll get done!

No comments: