We had a low-key Sunday. So nice! We attended First Presbyterian, a church that has been somewhat connected with getting us housing here in Vero Beach. The pastor was very nice and remembered me from our emails. He was glad to hear that one of his members had been instrumental in securing our home.
We got home a bit early for lunch, so while I got a video workout in JH and MH watched a library video about the Stealth bomber. I wonder if Matthew will take a true interest in flying because of Jonathan. He's a smart boy; I think that he could make a great pilot (provided he can keep his focus). He's also very detail-oriented-- he also might make a good air traffic controller as well. I guess time will tell!
Jonathan took Matthew to the library and the beach after our Sunday naptime. I stayed back and took care of Colson, and I also had time to prepare my first "real meal" dinner since moving in, a mustard chicken dish that was pretty easy, but it was still nice to feel like I was doing something normal!
At the end of the day our neighbors 2 doors over came by to welcome us to the neighborhood. They brought us a lovely basket of cookies, which was a nice treat. They own the local Christian bookstore and have been here for many years. We have such a nice street-- I'm really thankful for the folks we're living with!
No comments:
Post a Comment