The congregation was small, but I enjoyed their use of traditional hymns. Pastor Malone's sermon was very good, and we were warmly welcomed by everyone we spoke to. It's a nice church family. I was thrilled at Mike's reaction when we told him we were friends of Hunter's. He seemed glad to meet us and looks forward to talking with us some more.
For our afternoon, we kept it at a low-key Sabbath Day level. SO nice after so much time working, packing and traveling! We had naptime and went to the library downtown later on. We got our library cards and checked a few things out to take home. It's a nice facility and I really look forward to going back.
We went by Flight Safety so Matthew could see where Jonathan is going to school, and then we went by the beach for a little while before dinner and bed. I held Colson most of the time and just got into the water up to my calves. JH and Matthew had fun swimming and playing in the waves. It was a pleasant afternoon, and I just marveled at where we were-- we're really here, at the beach, minutes from our home. Amazing.
I'm so grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment