Saturday, September 23, 2006

Eatin' on a Saturday

It was a nice "normal" Saturday... we hung out with the kids, worked on the house, and Jonathan mowed the grass in our tiny yard for the first time. He also took the boys errand-running and bike riding as well. While he was off with them, I cooked in the kitchen and went to Wal-Mart while he was riding bikes.

I cooked Jonathan (because the boys weren't interested) another Rachael Ray meal, an Asian-themed lunch. I made Wasabi Tuna Wraps and Peanut Butter Sesame Noodles. I had just a taste of the noodles (fat and carbs!) and had a wrap for myself. So yummy! Later for dinner's dessert I cooked Rachael's Candy Sushi that went with the wrap and noodles, although for JH I had to leave out the fruity-flavored stuff, so he essentially got some Rice Crispy Treats. So fun! Love her!

For dinner we had more Rachael Ray food-- leftover Ravioli Lasagna. To my JOY, Colson took an interest in his daddy's plate and ate a whole bunch! We were thrilled, because lately all Colson wants to eat are crackers, cereal and fig newtons. With this dish, he got pasta, cheese, beef, red sauce and even a few bites of carrot! I was so happy I emailed Rachael's TV show a photo of it, also seen here.

That night Jonathan and I settled in to watch a library DVD, Bobby Jones, Stroke of Genius. It's a PG movie starring Jim Caviezel of Passion of the Christ fame. It's a pretty good movie, especially if you're a golfing fan. There is some language in it, but they keep it PG-rated. A nice quiet movie after a nice Saturday together!

No comments: