We spent most of the day just unpacking the seemingly never-ending supply of boxes. Between that huge mountain and also dealing with family conflicts, I was a bit snippy by the end of the day.
Two bright spots in my day: two of the Shaver boys came over to play from across the street. Colson was napping, so I gave them one chance to play quietly in Matthew's room. To be honest, I didn't think they'd last 5 minutes. But the Shaver boys are used to playing in tiny houses (a couple of years ago they lived in an 800 sq/ft one!) with babies around. They did SO well, I was utterly amazed. These kids are awesome. Not only that, but one of the older boys, Allan came over and volunteered his services to help Jonathan deal with our garage. He really helped Jonathan make sense of what needed to be organized. What a blessing these neighbors are!
The other bright spot-- I was working out to a video, lying on the floor to do abdominal work. I put my hands in the air, pretending to "climb a rope" off the floor to work my stomach muscles. Colson was sitting near me, and the precious boy put his hands in the air, too! It only lasted for a moment, but it was SO cute!
Colson's still not walking. However, he's starting to make some headway. Today I found him a number of times in a "marriage proposal" position, reaching for something he wanted. He also occasionally likes to stand up with no support while on the couch. He'll get there, and soon I'll have a whole 'nother bucket of trouble on my hands!!
No comments:
Post a Comment